 |
| Sonata and Serenade (17wks) |
Last night (or early this morning, however you choose to view night and day), I was awoken by the most pitiful of whines. It simply slowly filtered its way through a closed door, and into a very nice dream, and woke me up to a pitch black room. Looking around I tried to figure out what it was, then came to the sleepy realization that the puppy was whining. Now, this isn't anything new, I am used to her whining. Usually it is an indication that she needs to go out. Muttering to myself, I got up, banged into the hallway walls (they make excellent guides, and help me stay upright) and stumbled out into the living room. The first thing that met me was the smell, telling me that the puppy had wet her kennel. I have to admit, that it saddened me, since we had managed to have a dry kennel for two whole days. However, it was the SIGHT that greeted me that pulled on my heart strings. There was Sonata, with her head tucked between her shoulders, highlighted by the lamp on the kennel, staring at the wet towel, crying. Oh my it was so sad! I immediatly went and got her out of the kennel and told her that it was all right. Even then, instead of curling up in my lap like she usually does, she instead walked under the futon and stared at me while I cleaned up the mess. The whole time, she didn't try to chase the rag, instead she just sat with her head between her paws. Poor Puppy!
She is a beautiful puppy! I will be taking Lexy to the Vet on Thursday. It will be interesting to see what she weighs. She is an adolescent now. ALL legs. And I still can't leave a dish of water unattended. I mop, mop, mop! She is doing very well with her training. She rings the bell on the door when she wants to go out. She does well with sit and stay.
ReplyDeleteIt certainly is an adventure! I sent the link to this site to another puppy owner today. Hopefully they will join.
Take care and keep up the good work! I love the site!