Monday, March 21, 2011

Great News!





After all that panicking that we did, Sonata passed her Household Manners class!  It was great!  She was called up (the second dog), and the evaluator asked for her name.  After I spelled it out to her, she told me the commands that she wanted us to follow through.  Sonata hit every single command first try, it was a beautiful sight to behold!  I am so happy!  I am also in awe, both Thomas and I were convinced that she was not going to make it through this class. 


Speaking of classes, the next one is up in the air.  I don't think that Sonata is ready to take the CGC (Canine Good Citizen- not that she could actually take the test, since she is not a year old yet), she still has a tendency to shrink back when people go to pet her, and jumps up out of her sit in those instances.  That right there would be enough to flunk her.  I am hoping to find another class that I can stick her into until she is more prepared.  I want to put her into agility, but the class actually now has a waiting list.  I think I will see if I can get her into the agility class that is not this next one, or the one after, but the one AFTER that.  So, that would be what?  Mid-June?  That would be the best time to try to get her into the class I think.  I might see if I can get her into Rally instead. That is of course if they don't offer the next fundamentals class that they mentioned they were thinking of opening up.

So many decisions! 

Moving onto further news, Sonata does not like the weather change.  Actually the rising tempreture seems to be hitting her rather hard.  She didn't have an adult coat last fall!  Now she has a thick coat, and she is not liking the rising tempreture at all!  She is constantly battling me when I try to get her to go outside and run around.  It has gotten to the point this last week where I will simply put her and and Serenade outside (with the glass door open), and listen to her and Serenade pound on the door trying to get back in for the next hour.  There is no running and playing, just spoiled dogs.  What are they going to do once it gets to the 80s?  Granted, then they will have nice A/C on to keep them cool, but I don't want to turn on the A/C until it is much warmer out. 

The reason why I am ruminating on this problem is because last night Sonata woke me up vomiting in her kennel.  We were not able to determine if it was a hairball (yes, she gets them...the silly dog wants to EAT all the hair tumbleweeds before we get a chance to gather them) or if it was due to heat.  Her plastic crate gets warm at night, which does not bode well for later in the year.  We are trying to figure out what to do about the problem.  Last night what I did in response, so she would not get a chance to lay in the vomit (it was 4:00am), moved her to the wire kennel.  She was all right for an hour, and then she started to bark when she realized that she was not beside me anymore.  Ugh I dunno what to do.

Anyhow it is late (and I think I woke up Thomas typing), the thunder is rolling outside, and Serenade is pressed against my desk chair.   Good night!!




All Pictures Sonata is Nine Months Old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the commenting!!