![]() |
| The First Cone of Shame, Sonata 11 wks |
I got Sonata home, and placed her in the kennel. She wanted water, but I have been told she is not allowed to have any until around 7pm. After much noise and whimpering and whining, she finally settled down, and I proceeded to fill out paperwork for her, so that I could get her micro-chip information off as quickly as possible (and her AKC registration). I happened to glance down at her, so that I could see what position she was sleeping in (since she was so quiet), and horror of horrors, the blasted dog breed with the giraffe tongue was ripping out her stitches!
Calling the vet's office I quickly scooped her out of the kennel yelling at her to stop, and raced her off to be checked over. When I looked at the towel that I had put down on the seat I noticed a few drops of blood. That was when I realized that she actually had managed to pull out at least one stitch.
![]() |
| The Second Cone of Shame (Sonata, 11 wks) |
**Update on Grey:
Grey also went into the vet's office, because she started to ooze pus yesterday out of her wound. I actually even filled out 'euthanize' paperwork for her this morning, thinking that this was the last of her. Turns out that thankfully it was unnecessary. Grey is now home, meowing more like her old self, and even with some of her old spunk back. The doctor found a warbler? worm embedded in the wound, and removed it. He gave her a two week long lasting antibiotic shot, and sent her on her way. She will not end up with a collar unless she keeps scratching the wound. I dunno if I could handle TWO animals with the Cone of Shame!
**Sonata now weighs 16.5 lbs


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for the commenting!!