 |
| Sonata 11 wks, Cone #3 |
I haven't posted much because, well...the cone just makes one sad. Every time I see poor Sonata I want to rip off the cone, and actually see my whole pup again, not just a section of her face, and the rest of her fat wriggly body (and REALLY long legs). Alas I can't. She has to remain in the cone until Friday. Not that she hasn't tried to escape from it.
 |
| Serenade is Scared of the Cone (Giving Sonata the Eye) |
That's right, the cone she is currently in is actually her THIRD cone. On Saturday evening she managed to split cone number two. I don't know how she did it. I was in the other room, came back in, looked in the kennel, and she was chewing on her foot. Thomas ran up to Petco to get a collar, but the size they had was to large, so we ended up once more heading up the ER hospital to purchase one. Thankfully they had her size. The whole time he was gone, I had to keep her entertained, to ensure she didn't chow down on her leg. So instead, the arm was chewed, the ears were chewed, hair was gnawed, well, you get the picture.
 |
| Sonata Circles in the Carpet |
She has learned to get things off of the ground by shoving down on the collar as hard as she can. In fact she does so with so much force that her front feet often leave the ground, and circles are now indented into the carpet (I tried to take some pictures, no, the carpet is NOT that bad, just the camera).
 |
| Sonata, 11 wks |
Finally, the other day I was bragging to Thomas. Words that got shoved down my throat. Sonata has been doing very well with housebreaking. Of course, she has been spending half her time in the kennel, due to not wanting her to get to worked up with her stitches. Right now she walks sideways if she gets to tired or starts to hurt! Anyhow, so I was proud of Sonata, due to the fact that she has been doing so well. Thomas' boss recently got a new puppy as well. Charlie is now four months old, and is still learning the art of housebreaking. I bragged that my pup was house broken at 11 weeks. Yes, words that came back and got me! Within 20 minutes, she peed in her kennel, twice! So, let that be a lesson to everyone. Don't brag till you are really really sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for the commenting!!