Monday, August 2, 2010

We Have a Puppy!!

Success!! Sonata has passed all her health checks, including a fecal to check for heart worms, she is now going to be part of the family for as long as she lives!  This was my main worry, that she would end up being sick.  Instead her bright eyes are going to be sticking around.  Dr. B said if I hadn't told him her parents history that he would have thought she came from a good breeder.

Puppy Spill Out!  Sonata 8wks
I was stumped at how to get her to the vet, so I dug out the large cat carrier.  She fit in it, barely.  Her head kept banging the top of it.  She did NOT like being in there.  Not that I can blame her.  I think this is the last week that she will be able to fit in there.  I don't have another way to carry her after this.  Dunno what I am going to do two weeks from now when I have to take her back to get her dew claws removed.  Poor thing.  She is going to have all four of them removed.  I could have just had the back done, but if I am going to have her doing Rally I would like for her to have them all gone, and the whole operation over with before she gets to large.

I told Dr. B that I would get her spayed if she turns out to be a dumb dog, but so far she is only showing smarts.  She has already figured out that she does not get out of the kennel unless her butt AND paws are on the ground and she waits.  None of this barking and yelping crap, that will get a gate thrown open into my face.

**Forgot to add that at her weigh in Sona weighed 12.5lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the commenting!!