![]() |
| Sonata in Collar, 9 wks, and Quick |
Today I decided to introduce the leash as well to our little preschooler. I let her chew on the leash, and tug it. I let her taste it and play with it. I then took it off, and gave her treats. Then after a short walk around to the backyard I once more put the leash on her. I gave her a treat again, only this time, instead of sitting there letting her try to chew on the leash I took five steps with it. Puppy melt down! Puppy Panic! Sona ended up slipping the collar after about three minutes on the leash. I let her. I don't want her to be scared of the lead, I want her to feel that she has some power over it. For now I just want it to be fun. There is no point in trying to teach her something that she doesn't need to start learning until next week. Right now, just introducing all the new hardware should be fun and games.
We have also been working on the "Go Kennel," command, along with "Sit." Neither of these two commands is really making to much sense to her right now, but she is starting to follow through on the sit command. Of course it could just be the Bil-Jac treats as well!
**Had to go back and re-age some of the pictures on Sona, she and her litter mates were whelped on June 2, 2010. This last Wednesday would have marked her ninth week.
***About the photos: These are all taken on my HTC Hero Mobil Phone. It has a 6 Pixel camrea on it, and a shutter speed that is slow as all get out! I do apologize in advance if some of the pictures are blurry, or slightly fuzzy.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for the commenting!!