Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cleaning

Today I ordered chew toys, a collar, a car liner (for the backseat), and wipes (since yes, we know the puppy will smell from time to time). I also went out to Petco and bought a large green ceramic bowl. That way if the shipment doesn't arrive by the time we get the pup, we will still have a food bowl for her.

So the cleaning has began, and so has the creeping out. I have been cleaning out some of the plastic tubs that I have had around the house for years, seeing what I would like to keep in them, and pitching anything that is just not worth keeping. I have been finding treasure troves of lost memories in each box, and wanderings at the madness of mothers in a few of the other ones.

I need those boxes for books. Just so that the books can have a place to rest until we can get the vacuum bags, to seal them away and store them in a damp basement. With the puppy coming in only a few days, it feels like crazy days around here, trying to find a spot for everything.

One book has found its way into the garbage can. Not the place I would normally toss an old friend, however, it had been burrowed into by, of all the creepy nasty things, a book worm. Yes, an honest to goodness bookworm (or woodlouse if I have read up correctly about it) ended up eating one of my Mercedes Lackey books. So, it is now residing in the garbage, and I keep looking at the mound of paper...dust that is piled where the book was sitting. I am hoping that the other books that I stored away in a plastic bin are safe. I also hope the same for the books that I place up higher on the bookshelf.

All the Christmas figurines (nativity) are wrapped, and stored away now. I put up the Christmas tree (all of two feet tall), and tucked away the ornaments. We will take the TV out to the curb tomorrow. Then I will move the furniture around so that we have a place to stick her crate.

Finally, the father-in-law was over today, and he is almost done working on the deck. It is looking really nice. There is no way the puppy will be able to get her head through the spaces in the bars now, let alone get the chance to attempt to leap off (like Sere attempted-let's hear it for a dog's tail).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the commenting!!