![]() |
| Sonata's Brother (8 wks) Chewing on a Walnut |
I have also been looking up Dew Claw Removal. Seems that our new girl still has her rear dew claws, so they are going to have to be removed. When I mentioned this to our vet receptionist (whom I have already called twice today with questions), she asked if we were going to spay our new girl.
Now I know this might upset some people with me saying this, but no. I will not spay the dog until she is two years old. According to numerous research groups they have discovered that if you spay a dog to young you can cut short their life expectancy. I say AVERAGE dog, we have had some that we spay when they were 7 months, and lived till they were twelve years (Irish Wolfhounds). However, this is a breed that already has a shorter then average life expectancy, so I want this pup to have as many advantages as possible. When she is two I will make the decision. I have read up on the issue, I am educated on the issue, therefore I would like to think I am making an educated decision.
I have gotten my email from the All Breeds Club that I sent an email off to, and they have informed who to call, to find out the schedule once they start up again.
Finally I have to order some new chew toys for the puppy. I went through Sere's old toys last night, and ended up tossing most of the rubber and plastic ones. They were old, and I didn't trust them. Most of the plushies I will run through the wash with bleach...well those I can keep away from Sere, she keeps carrying them off!
>>>><<<<
The Father-In-Law was just over. He gave an idea for the dimension of the fence that he thinks would be acceptable. We are going to start laying it next week, after he is done helping the sister-in-law move into her new place.
It seems everything is slowly coming together. It is so exciting, and terrifying at the same time!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for the commenting!!