Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I put the OOPS in OUPS

Well yesterday I went out to mow the lawn so that when Ohio Utilities Protection Services sends out the various utility companies they would not have to wade through 3 foot long grass. Well the joke was on me...or should I say on the lawn mower?

I was careful to pick the blades up when I was running over really rough terrain. Really I was! Apparently not careful enough. Halfway though mowing the back I put the blade down after going through a particular rough patch. The mower stopped. No idling, it just stopped. Ohkay, maybe something is jammed? Move the mower forward and back and try again! Put the blades down, and STOP. Hrm. This is not right. Move the mower up to the garage, maybe it is running out of gas? Nope gas is good. Alright, lets try putting the blades down on a flat surface. SMOKE!!!

Well, long story short, after I huffed and puffed and decided that the repair place had put the belt on wrong, I called them and told them to come out and get the mower. They said it to be the carborator. I told them I didn't think so. However I was open to whatever idea would get the damn thing working again.

When the gentleman came out to pick up our little red tractor, today, he said he wanted to get it onto the trailer and see what it looked like underneath. Sure, I was curious too! Lets cut it to this summary. The reason why the mower is no longer working is due to operator error. That's right! Somewhere along the way I apparently decided to pick up a hijacker in the form of a 3 inch log. Yea!! There goes more money!!

We couldn't get the damn thing OFF the blades, so once more, for two weeks we are without a mower. Why do we have mower problems every summer?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the commenting!!