So, fast update. The pup that I fell in love with that was put up yesterday for adoption on Petfinder.com, is already gone (she was at Stark County Animal Shelter). Someone must have been flipping though pages at about the same time I was last night. I hope she gets a good home. I feel better knowing she is safe though. Still, that morbid part of me still wants to take an hour long drive down and do the puppy test on her.
I called the vet's office. The Doctor B was not in today. Instead the receptionist told me that she will have him call me back sometime tomorrow afternoon. When I told her about the trouble, she informed me that it was the norm for a rescue to make it hard to adopt a dog. It is actually a common practice, according to her.
Rec: "...which is a shame. So many dogs need homes, and they make it impossible for the majority of people."
So, I am most likely not going to be getting a rescue dog. All because the dog that I chose to keep close to my heart has cancer, and I chose to take the doctor's advice and not spay her.
I think instead I am going to ask the vets office to keep an ear out for anyone with a large litter of pups, of large dogs, and see if I might like one of those.
In the mean time, we will work on the fence. Since we will be acquiring a puppy eventually (I hope)!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for the commenting!!