So...
The vet called. He informed me (through his receptionist), that the best thing I could do if I still wanted to pursue the adoption venue was to get the pathology report from the OTHER vet (the one who had done the test), and that he would write a letter stating that Sere could ABSOLUTELY NOT be spay due to endangerment of life. Somehow I doubt that even that would phase the rescue. I sent the medical records to the breeder. Frankly, my vet, her vet, myself, and herself, are the only ones who need to know what that report says in whole and total. Ethically I hope she informed all her customers about Sere having cancer, and did not breed those two lines again.
So...
Talked to mom finally, and told her what was going on with the whole puppy situation. That basically we were, now, looking to simply purchase a dog. When I mentioned to her that the dog was going to be a learning dog, she suggest that I not go with an extra large breed, and instead look for one that was medium to large. Needless to say I was at first hurt. The idea of training with a dog that was not large...well...lets just say, something that required some new thinking. I have grown up with the larger breeds. I love the larger breeds!
However, mom had a point.
So the husband came home, and I told him about the conversation. He was came in aching from playing 18 holes of golf. If you know him, you know that he is not the most physically active of people. It was also the hottest day of the year so far. He hurt, and he was sapped from the heat. Still, he listened to me, and my concerns and worries. Finally he picked up one of the many dog books around the bed and paged though it, and casually asked, "So, how about a golden retriever?"
"Huh?"
"Great at obedience, and good family dog."
"Huh."
"They are fluffy."
"Hrm..."
"Go look them up."
Researched them, and as it turns out, many people compare the Bernese attitude similar to the Golden's. The puppies are cute. Oh my, oh my are they CUTE! I almost called up one breeder right on the spot to demand a pup, but the Husband asked me to wait until after we have gone to the dog show tomorrow and talked to folk about other breeds. Once more, he makes a good point.
God Bless him, I think I would have gone insane by now with all this mixed up business. Sere was SO much easier a purchase!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for the commenting!!