 |
| Sonata, 10wks |
 |
| Sonata and Serenade, Playing |
Well, our girl is now ten weeks old as of today. If you look back on her eight week old pictures you can see that she has gotten a lot more leggy. She has become more independent and stubborn, and lovable each day. Of course, she sits curled up in Sere's paws every evening now, content that Sere is her pack. It makes me happy to see that Sere has accepted her. There are still a few times when Sona gets so wound up that Sere will snap at her and give her a warning growl. That stops her for all of, oh, one minute.
She still has springs in the bottoms of her feet, and she is an even more avid chewer then she was a week ago. The trim is now in danger around the house, and the furniture is fair game to puppy teeth. Sonata has fallen in love with my flipflops. We will find her sometimes trying to hide a captive flipflop from us, by laying on it with a huge innocent puppy grin.
 |
| Sonata, Hiding (9wks) |
I am beginning to think that all berners have a love of tissues. Every time I turn around I swear I am looking Sere as a puppy. Sonata is somehow finding tissues. Soon we will start finding puppy sized spitballs, and as Thomas says about Sere, Sona will start wiping herself from the inside out. Yek.
 |
| Sonata, 10wks |
The rest of the news is actually kind of sad. I think we may have lost a cat. Grey didn't come in last night, nor did I see her at all yesterday. We have not seen her today either. We were actually wondering if she had become ill. She has always basically been a loner cat that would come around every once in a while asking to be pet. The last time I pet her, I picked her up and noticed that she had lost weight. I asked Thomas if she was eating and he said that she was. That evening she kept trying to vomit, but we were not sure it it was a hairball or not. The next morning when I woke up to take the puppy out, she walked out the door, and that was the last time we have seen her. I hope that she is all right, but sometimes you just know. I woke up the second time that morning, and something clicked in my head. I think Grey is gone. She was four years old. Really, that is a long life for a cat that goes in and out of the house, and was a rescue. She loved being outside. I just wished we had realized sooner that whatever was matter with her was much more serious then what we had assumed.
***********
Good news! Grey came back home earlier this evening! We had to rush her to the ER though, the entire lower jaw is swollen. The doctor thinks that it is a developing abscess and the cat is now on some antibiotics. If it does not clear up in a few days we will have to take her in for a 'minor' surgery. I left all decisions up to Thomas on her. I like the cat, but she is not mine. So, the gray kitty gets to live...for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for the commenting!!